November 2, 2015
National Home Care Month
November is National Home Care Month and Iowa Home Care is honored to provide services to our clients.
• Approximately 12 million Americans receive home health care.
• 69% are aged 65+, and 64% are female.
• Primary diagnoses are heart disease, CHF, diabetes, stroke,
COPD, hypertension, and dementia.
“Home care is a combination of compassion and efficiency. It is less expensive than institutional care...but at the same time it is a more caring, human, intimate experience, and therefore it has a greater human element...it’s a big mistake not to try to maximize it and find ways to give people the home care option over either nursing homes, hospitals or other institutions.”
- Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich (R-GA)
“Heath care at home…is something we need more of, not less of. Let us make a commitment to preventive and long-term care. Let us encourage home care as an alternative to nursing homes and give folks a little help to have their parents there.”
- Former President Bill Clinton (D)
» View News Archives