July 29, 2016
Safety Tips for Seniors Living Alone
Safety Tips for Seniors Living Alone:
• Avoid slippery conditions. Use non-slip floor mats and install safety bars in tubs and by toilets.
• Remove tripping hazards. Install nightlights and remove stray cords and non-flat rugs.
• Use a Personal Emergency Response System. Wear the medical alert bracelet or pendant at all times.
• Get to know your neighbors.
• Test smoke alarms regularly. Check batteries every six months.
• Don’t keep items in difficult to reach places.
• Keep lists of medications, allergies and other health information in your purse or wallet.
» View News Archives