July 13, 2017
How to prevent falls for seniors.
Falls can be devastating to seniors. Fortunately, many can be prevented:
- remove tripping hazards like loose rugs and extension cords
- install non-stick appliques in showers, and grab bars where
- wear shoes
- light up, don't walk in darkness
- report dizziness to your physician, and have your balance
checked during exams
- use a Personal Emergency Response system
Today, Kevin Menke, Jyoti Sargent, and Rachel Edge represented Iowa Home Care at the Falls Prevention Symposium.
» View News Archives