June 24, 2015
Financial Scams Targeting Seniors
Seniors, especially, are victims to scams and fraud and it is becoming more prevalent in today's society than ever before. Make sure you know what to do or how to handle possible scams or fraud and remember to never give out any personal information.
Here are five tips to avoid frauds and scams:
1. Avoid sending money or providing personal financial information.
2. Do not speak at length with people who are unfamiliar to you.
3. Do not sign any documents without reviewing them carefully or with a family member or attorney present.
4. Reach out for help before spending or investigating considerable amounts of money.
5. Shred all bills, notices, and personal mail before throwing them away.
Iowa Home Care provides skilled nursing services and home health aides to you or a loved one in the comfort of your home. Please contact us for more information.
» View News Archives