July 7, 2015
Safety tips for adults living alone
1. Remove stacks of magazines or newspapers that could cause you to trip. Avoid stray electrical cords or using rugs that don't lay flat.
2. Use non-slip appliques and mats in the bath or shower. Install safety bars.
3. Keep lists of medications, allergies and health conditions in your wallet or purse.
4. Add more lighting.
5. Don't place items in hard to reach places.
6. Have smoke alarms tested regularly.
7. Purchase food and personal care products in easy-to-open containers whenever possible.
8. Keep emergency contact phone numbers easily accessible and by the telephone(s).
Iowa Home Care provides skilled nursing services and home health aides to you or a loved one in the comfort of your home. Please contact us for more information.
» View News Archives